Wednesday 9 June 2010

Past and Future

Today I've been thinking a lot about what lies ahead for me in the future. With College finishing in just under a week, I feel no where near ready for the big bad world to eat me up. I haven't even got an inch of a career plan mapped out and yet it seems that all of my friends are either going to University to study for insanely good jobs or they already know exactly what they want to do and have their whole life planned out in stages. How can anyone do that?

I mean, there are a few things that I kind of 'like' the idea of such as progressing with my photography or even looking after dogs which are both things that I absolutely love doing. Photography seems like a hopeless career to get involved in as unless you initially know people and they know you, there is no hope of getting anywhere without falling to your knees and begging people to employ you. Looking after dogs on the other hand would be much easier to settle in to but there is always the problem of money which is clearly going to be an issue if I'm getting paid to love and wash dogs all day (especially when I am hoping to move out in a year or so). I know that with either of these jobs (mainly the latter) that I will feel extremely comfortable in my environment which is an important factor for me and the people and pets will always be different around me so the days will not be repetitive and dull.

My mum keeps on saying that I should keep my mind open and look at other jobs such as retail work in the town but I can just see myself blanking out and being completely useless with customers, my social skills are bad enough as it is let alone making me try and convince someone to buy the latest mobile phone or loyalty card.

The reason I included this picture of me (right) and my sister on holiday was because this was around the sort of age when all you ever thought about was what was going to happening later on in the day. Life wasn't scary and it didn't feel like a dead end.

No comments:

Post a Comment